For a long time, print servers have been considered the de facto standard for enterprise print management. It’s not necessarily because they’re the best solution, but they are capable of meeting general enterprise printing needs—as long as you’re willing to put up with drawbacks such as instability and poor driver management.
A few of those drawbacks can be softened by following Windows print server 2012 best practices and other expert recommendations. However, if you’re tired of compromises and downtime, it might be a good idea to start thinking of alternative enterprise print management solutions that enable total print server replacement and elimination.
First, let’s back up a little and address those drawbacks in more detail. These include routine problems like spooler crashes, limited printer deployment methods via group policy objects (GPOs), and inefficient printer installations. Some are worse than others because they result in system-wide printing downtime, but even the minor issues can take their toll on productivity.
Like many enterprise IT professionals who are responsible for print server management, you’ve probably just learned to deal with them over the years. You might have implemented Windows print server 2012 best practices like driver isolation to minimize crashing, or you might have developed custom scripts for more tailored deployments. But you might not have seriously considered whether or not there was a better way—simply because Windows print server is so commonplace.
It’s time for you to get to know PrinterLogic. Our print management solution is the Windows print server replacement you’ve been hoping to find. By leveraging the strengths of direct IP printing and incorporating only the best aspects of print server management, PrinterLogic is able to provide a flexible, stable, small-footprint, cost-effective and incredibly easy-to-use platform for your enterprise printing. With PrinterLogic, you don’t need to strictly adhere to Windows print server 2012 best practices to get the following universal benefits:
- Centralized management: From a single pane of glass, you can deploy and administer any printer anywhere in the organization. Furthermore, the interface is so simple and intuitive that you can easily make batch changes to profiles or set default printers by ticking a checkbox.
- Instantaneous and targeted deployment. Automatically deliver the right printers to the right users based on any number of criteria, including Active Directory integration. And all without resorting to scripts or complex GPO hierarchies.
- Next-gen modular features: Want to provide intuitive mobile printing capabilities to your entire enterprise—even on legacy printing devices? How about adding secure printing functionality like pull printing? PrinterLogic’s print server replacement gives you the ability to implement advanced printing options across the organization in a clean, user-friendly way.
- End user empowerment: Our acclaimed self-service portal allows end users to identify and install nearby printers with a single click. The days of calling the service desk for printer installation walkthroughs are over.
- Seamless Citrix and VMware integration: Print server management is notoriously tricky when dealing with virtual solutions. PrinterLogic can either enhance or replace the native printing functionality in virtual environments, making printer deployment, installation and administration easier than ever.
The best part about it is that one server running a single instance of PrinterLogic’s print management software can replace a whole fleet of print servers. That’s not just an alternative to Windows print server—it’s a solution that supersedes print servers entirely.