What does your corporate printing environment look like? Do you have a lot of different printers? Are they spread out over many locations? Maybe you have print servers too.
Here’s the good news. Your print environment isn’t unique. Many companies have a big mix of print hardware.
But not all the news is good. Diverse hardware can lead to problems. The variety is hard to support. For instance, more printer models leads to more printer drivers. That gives IT more to manage.
As a result, corporate printing can get messy. And it can also be more expensive.
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) can make the problem even worse.
VDI environments are perfect for many companies. Especially if they have remote or mobile employees. It’s a win–win for both IT and end users. Why? Because it makes computing easier. Everyone gets to be more flexible.
However, virtual desktop printing can be tricky. Local printers aren’t always recognized. So companies turn to VDI printing solutions. But those solutions often force them to use print servers.
In other words, VDI adds more moving parts. Even though it’s supposed to make things simpler.
A VDI printing solution that eliminates print servers
PrinterLogic changes that. With PrinterLogic, VDI and corporate printing can stop working against each other. Instead they can start working together.
Our serverless printing infrastructure is different from other VDI printing solutions. Here are some key ways:
- PrinterLogic doesn’t try to replace VDI printing. It improves the functionality that’s already there.
- It combines centralized management with direct-IP printing. That’s how PrinterLogic is able to eliminate print servers.
- PrinterLogic is all about ease of use. For example, it’s easy for users to install printers by themselves. And it’s easy for IT to manage.
Case in point: RC Willey
RC Willey is a large home-furnishings retailer. The company started in Utah in 1950. Later it expanded to several states. Its IT environment is mostly thin clients. It also has heavy corporate printing demands. Stores need to print invoices and reports every day.
After years of frustration, RC Willey chose PrinterLogic as its VDI printing solution. The IT department migrated the printing environment in under two hours. Furthermore, they now enjoy these benefits:
- Better print management. The IT team is saving 80 hours per driver change.
- No “ghost” printers. Old printers used to build up on the thin clients. Now IT can quickly clear and replace old printers.
- Easy location-based printing. PrinterLogic can deploy printers based on IP addresses. End users get local printers automatically.
The company also supported some users with a centralized print server. PrinterLogic made it possible for them to eliminate it. By eliminating print servers, you save more than just money. You also save time and headache.
Check out the full case study here.
PrinterLogic: A solution for everyone
Like most print environments, RC Willey’s case isn’t unique. They had many of the same corporate printing issues as everyone else. VDI just added to the challenge.
PrinterLogic is a single printing solution to all those problems.
For cloud-first companies, it’s available as a SaaS version. It’s also available as a Virtual Appliance. Both versions are great VDI printing solutions. Above all, both versions make life easier on end users and admins.